Monday, August 25, 2008

WHY I CHANGED MY POWER SUPPLIER FIRST FROM BRITISH GAS , THEN EON AND NOW ATLANTIC

IT ALL STARTED THREE MONTHS AGO...
... when I received a letter from British Gas demanding that i phone them up to arrange for a "Safety Inspector " to come and inspect my meter as it hadnt been done for three years and as a result it would by law obtain a court warrant if I didnt phone their customer service team and arrange it.

I therefore did this and was told that an inspector would come to my flat on a particular date in the morning - I asked my father to come to the flat as obviously I would be at work at the time and there was no way I could take time off work myself.

So my dad very generously waited in my flat the whole morning and guess what - NO ONE TURNED UP!!!

I phoned British Gas and asked them why no one had come to the appointment as had been arranged - A Customer Service Representative told me that they had no record of me even phoning to arrange the appointment and then he told me that i should'nt be phoning them as it was a different department who would be dealing with it - I asked why the phone number on the letter was the same as the one I was speaking to him on and he was unable to answer me further...

Seeing that I wasn't getting anywhere very fast I immediately phoned up Eon, who recently took over PowerGen , who my father had turned to after he had also fallen out with British Gas - First of all they put me on The Age Concern Tariff (very interesting as I'm only 36!!!!) BUT WHATS EVEN WORSE IS THAT TWO MONTHS AFTER THEY PROMISED ME THAT I WOULD NO LONGER BE A CUSTOMER OF BRITISH GAS I STILL AM!!!

How Did I find this out???
By receiving a final refund cheque from British Gas for my electricity - OK So this means that British Gas are no longer my supplier of electricity? But according to them they are still my supplier of Gas - NOT ACCORDING TO EON - ACCORDING TO THE CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM AT EON EON NOW SUPPLY MY GAS BUT NOT AS OF YET MY ELECTRICITY

CONFUSED ?!!!
I WAS AND EVEN THOUGH I SPENT OVER TEN MINUTES TRYING TO EXPLAIN THIS TO THE AIR HEAD CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE AT EON SHE KEPT ON SAYING THE OPPOSITE TO WHAT I WAS TELLING HER BRITISH GAS HAD TOLD ME!!!!


Seeing I had already sent Eon an email immediately i received the final electricity refund from British Gas I got on the phone again and found out that apparently even though all of the Power Companies in The United Kingdom seem to be running an Oligopoly Atlantic Energy (well actually thats only a trading name of Scottish & Southern Electricity) had a rating of 5 out of 5 for Customer Service

Please if someone knows a company who is actually not part of the con or crap at customer service - not going to invest in Nuclear Power Stations but they'll give you Nectar Points as a bribe if you sign up with them (Sainsburys Energy or EDF as they actually are) let me know !!!!
HEY BUT AT LEAST THEYRE ALLOWED TO BUILD NUCLEAR POWER STATIONS IN THE UK - IN IRAN THEY GET THREATENED WITH SANCTIONS AND INVASION IF THEY DO THIS!!

No comments: