Tuesday, March 04, 2008

A WORD OF WARNING ABOUT THE HALIFAX BUILDING SOCIETY




After being with the Halifax Building Society for 15 years with a cardcash account I went into the my branch the other day and asked why I hadnt received interest on my account for some time - she replied that as the cardcash account was only a basic bank account I would not receive interest on it

I have just got off the phone to "A customer service manager" who very rudely told me that these were the rules and regulations and that they had sent me these through the post.

I replied that they used to pay me interest on my cardcash account and he told me that I was being rude and offensive - I replied "Well I hope the Nationwide Anglia are better than you - I will be applying to them next week"


EVEN WORSE - I had to do a special clearance on my wages cheque this month as it takes the Halifax 7.5 days to clear my cheques.

I have contacted them 5 times today and even though I have paid them £12 they do not accept responsibility for loss of cheques (BASICALLY THEY DONT SEND CHEUQES RECORDED DELIVERY ) and the person I spoke to in the Bromley Branch (in Kent - who can barely speak a word of English) said they wouldnt be able to tell me if the cheque had been lost for another 5 working days !!!!

So they have no proof that they havent lost the cheque and I have no proof that theyve even sent the cheque yet!! all for £12 a shot!!!

The reason why I say cheques now take 7 and a half working days to clear is becuase cheques do not clear at 3.30 am when every other transaction goes through - you have to wait until 9 am on the day before they tell you whether the cheque has cleared or not

SO BE WARNED - THE HALIFAX WILL LET YOU HAVE A BANK ACCOUNT BUT IF THEY ONLY OFFER YOU A CARDCASH ACCOUNT OR SIMILAR THEY'll USE YOUR MONEY TO FINANCE THE NEXT ARMS DEAL AND YES THEY WONT EVEN PAY YOU A PENNY INTEREST!!!

No comments: