Monday, December 03, 2007

HARRODS.CON - yes thats right not .com - .con



Thinking , with Christmas coming up I thought I would do some early shopping on the Harrod's website - WRONG IDEA!
But with my sister having her baby just around the corner I thought I would buy a Harrod's bear for her newborn. The website (which immediately you have logged in is no longer a secure site - the padlock disappears on my browser) gave me the option of ordering all three items now or all three items just before Christmas. Seeing two of the items were perishable food items I had no choice but to press the "before Christmas " button. BIG MISTAKE!!!!

I then phoned up Harrods.com customer services and they told me that the only choice I would have was to cancel the order, which I then did - I then asked them (looking at my internet banking website ) when I would receive my refund as £45.35 had just been taken out of my bank account.

She seemed shocked that the money had been taken so quickly and when I told her that my card was a Visa Electron she told me that Visa Electron cards weren't accepted.

Fours weeks later - guess what ? Yes NO REFUND.

After several phone calls I eventually got through to a supervisor called Nick , who said he would look into it and that he would send The Accounts Department AN EMAIL!! as every one reads emails these days!!!

So I then took the next step and phoned up Harrods in London (Harrods.com is based in Nottingham!!!) and after making an official complaint, received a phone call from Nick saying that The Head of Customer Services had been on the phone to him and that I would receive my refund within 5 - 7 working days.

YES YOU GUESSED IT - 5 and a half weeks later - NO REFUND!!!!!

BE WARNED - GIVE HARRODS.CON some money and then ask for it back - especially when they havent sent you anything is like trying to get blood from a stone!!!

No comments: